NBIS Bridge Inspection Team Assistant
Alpha & Omega Group, PC is looking for a Bridge Inspection Assistant to assist with NBIS highway bridge inspections and other structure condition inspections. This position will entail on-the-job training under the guidance of a certified NBIS Bridge Inspection Team Leader. Some background in bridge inspection and maintenance is desirable.
Assistant inspectors perform inspection work as part of a bridge inspection team in large geographical areas. This includes assisting the team leader in conducting inspections of structures such as bridges, culverts, large pipes, tunnels, and overhead structural walkways to detect evidence of deterioration and/or damage due to natural or accidental causes. The assistant will take precise measurements of bridges and other structures to detect movement or distortion and write detailed structure inspection reports documenting all findings used in an evaluation program to determine the structural integrity, safety, and recommended maintenance needs of state highway structures. The assistant’s work is reviewed in progress and upon completion for accuracy of inspections and adherence to safety procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Document/input findings into WIGINS software while in the field
- Completing reports within time restrictions set by the state
- Assist in measuring structure geometry and verifying element quantities
- Emailing reports and loading photos to server
- Review and prepare field inspection folders
- Two-year technical associate degree
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Ability to travel overnight travel within NC for multiple days at a time
- Ability to work in cold or hot weather and traverse rough, uneven/sloping ground
- Ability to work in environments where exposure to water, heights, and wildlife are common
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to climb a 30-foot ladder
- Ability to operate, with proper training, access equipment (man-lift, snoopers, jon-boat, etc.)
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of NCDOT WIGINS Bridge Inspection Software
- Working knowledge of AutoCad
- Database experience
To apply: Please download the application (PDF document), complete it, and return by e-mail .