Office / HR Administrator
Office/HR Administrator provides administrative support of office functions including business, human resources, and business development functions. Able to work with minimal direction. Has thorough knowledge of company policies and practices. Responsibilities include daily office functions including proposal development, scheduling meetings, word processing, assist bookkeeper with invoice follow-up and collections. Human Resource responsibilities include coordinating the hiring, training, and retention of professional, technical, administrative, and marketing personnel, including personnel benefits, EEO, and continued education programs.
General office responsibilities:
- Answer phones and messaging.
- Clerical Support: copying, mailings, faxing, email notifications.
- Opening, dating, and distributing mail. Keeping postage on hand up-to-date.
- Maintaining office supplies and printing needs.
- Negotiating with Venders regarding pricing, disagreements, etc….
- Filing – electronic and paper filing.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, vacations, and events (and reminders).
- Send reminders when necessary regarding everyone’s responsibility to keep the office and kitchen in an orderly fashion.
- Water plants.
- Coordinate with Landlord regarding cleaning and maintenance issues.
- Respond to requests for W-9's.
- Coordinating Eat and Meet Lunches, seminars, and lunch and learn sessions.
General human resources assistance:
- Assist in annual health insurance enrollments; updates; and renewals.
- Assist employees with HR questions and compliance.
- Update and maintain the A&O Employee handbook and other HR and Safety policies.
- Schedule drug testing for employees as needed by the company or clients.
- Schedule annual reviews for employees and assist with and track professional development.
- Assist with employee recognition: Birthdays, special occasions, or events to be celebrated
- Plan Staff events: Family picnic, Christmas party, etc.
- Help process new employees:
- Insurance for Full Time: Maj. Med, HSA, Life/LTD/Sup.Ins.
- Simple IRA
- Forms: I9, W-4, NC-4, Employee Confidential Information Form
- Keep up-to-date with HR Benefits Calendar
- Communicate any changes in Benefits to Payroll
General business assistance:
- Assist in annual business and professional liability insurance renewals.
- Assist in the renewal of company licenses and employee licenses.
- Assist in the updating or renewal of federal requirements including SAM and IPP.
- Assist in the renewal of the on-line NCDOT prequalification.
- Assist in obtaining Certificates of Insurance for clients.
- Assist in the scheduling of maintenance and repair for company vehicles.
- Maintain and update client contact information.
- Assist with tracking and updating leads and opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and RFQs.
- Assist with planning sessions, annual, quarterly, and monthly meetings.
Community college degree and 5+ years of experience as an office administrator and / or human resources administrator. Must be self-motivated with knowledge and experience within the NCDOT and A/E Industry. Proven organizational skills and the ability to perform tasks simultaneously; highly developed written and oral communications and interpersonal skills; proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Power Point. Adobe and InDesign is a plus.
To apply: Please download the application (PDF document), complete it, and return by e-mail .