Structural Project Manager
Alpha & Omega Group, PC, is seeking a licensed structural engineer in Raleigh, NC, to manage and oversee structural engineering projects. This is a full-time position and will include managing the day-to-day effort for structural engineering projects, meeting with clients and government agencies, and mentoring engineering staff.
The overall work includes the design of vehicular and pedestrian bridges, boardwalks, box culverts, specialty structures, and retaining walls, as well as structural condition assessments, bridge load rating, FEA/FEM, and bridge repair development.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare project fee estimates, specifications, budgets, schedules, and invoices
- Manage project budgets and schedules
- Manage structural engineering design and plan production
- Lead, guide, and assist with design as needed
- Manage the structural team to achieve goals. Mentor recently licensed engineers and EIs [includes performance reviews, employee training, and goal development].
- Provide QA/QC of structural design work
- Manage client relationships and day-to-day interactions
- Communicate with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationshps
- Meet with government agencies
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives
- Assist in the development of project approaches, descriptions, and resumes for proposals
- Develop and maintain a network of public and private sector clients
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Registered North Carolina Professional Engineer
- 7-10 years of licensed experience
- Experience mentoring EIs and/or recently licensed PEs
- AutoCAD, Conspan, SAP 2000, Microstation, and/or MathCAD experience
- Project management experience
- Structural design experience for vehicular and pedestrian bridges, boardwalks, box culverts, retaining walls, and concrete and timber materials (all within North Carolina)
- Experience with NCDOT, local municipalities, and approving agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience developing QA/QC plans and practices for NCDOT and other client projects
- Master's degree in engineering
- Certified NBIS Team Leader
To apply: Please download the application (PDF document), complete it, and return it with your resume, by e-mail .